CERTIFICATION IN WEDDING & EVENT DESIGN ( 3 Weeks)
This is a fast paced course that covers all elements of designing an event as outlined below:
SECTION 1 – UNDERSTANDING EVENT DESIGN
– The World of Event Design
– The principles of Event Design
– Finding Inspiration & Being Creative
SECTION 2 – DESIGN PROCESS
– Getting to know your client
– Design Presentation
– Translating clients vision
SECTION 3 – THE THEORY OF DESIGN
– Colour schemes & Decor
– Design & Decor techniques
– Your Venue & Design
SECTION 4 – DESIGN ELEMENTS
– Decor Design
– Hall Drapping and choice of Fabric
– Table Top design and choice of Linens
– Chair Decor
– Stages & Entryways
– Ceiling decor
SECTION 5 – TECHNICAL ASPECTS
– Lighting & Aesthetics
– Staging, Rigging & Draping
– Special Effects & Sound
– Floor Plan & Event flow
– Sourcing Materials & Budgeting
This course is ideal for those who:
1.Enjoy using their creativity to masterfully design weddings and other events.
2.Have training in event or wedding planning and would like to advace their career
3.Want to start their own even decor business or work for someone else.
In this course you will Learn:
- How to design a client’s expectation.
- How to understand the use of colours as it relates to event design.
- To choose a theme and create beautiful presentation
- How to evaluate a venue’s challenges
- How to implement a wide range of elements into your design concept. Elements includes: flowers, furniture,lighting etc.
- How to open your own event decor company on get a job in the event industry.
When you graduate you will recieve an industry recognised certification and you will be ready to launch your career.
- Be at least 18yrs of age.
- Have a keen interest in the event industry.